PLANNING AND ORGANISING (WORK MANAGEMENT)
- Tell me about the types of planning you have had to develop and implement within your previous roles.
- What type of systems and procedures have you established and used to keep track of work performance?
- How do you typically prioritise key duties to be achieved on a day to day, week to week basis? Tell me about some of the suggestions you have made within your previous positions to improve planning and organization within the workplace.
ANALYSIS (PROBLEM IDENTIFICATION)
- What typical problems have you had to address in your previous positions. Describe how you identified or gained a better understanding of these problems.
- What sources of information do you use to stay aware of any potential problems in your work area?
- Describe a time when you weren't sure what a customer wanted. How did you handle the situation?
JUDGEMENT (PROBLEM SOLVING)
- Talk me through some of the recommendations you have made to your Managers or Clients.
- Tell me about the most important work related problem you have had to face in the last twelve months. What was the problem, how did you approach it, what was the outcome.
- Talk me through a staff related problem that you have had to solve. What was the situation, how did you solve it.
- Talk me through an occasion when you have needed to involve others in addressing a problem. Why did you choose to involve others, how did you use their involvement to address the situation.
- Tell me about some of the presentations you have had to prepare and present to Managers.
- What sort of staff training programmes have you been involved in.
- Talk me through situations where you have had to address large groups of clients or colleagues.
- What types of reports have you been expected to prepare and present.
- What are the main elements that give you job satisfaction on a day to day basis.
- Which of your positions in your career to date has been the most satisfying and why.
- Which of your roles has been the least satisfying and why.
PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Tell me about the technical training and skills that you believe you would bring to this position.
- Do you foresee any gaps in your experience or skills that would be a hindrance in moving into this particular position?
- Tell me about any specific cost or profit centre management experience you have.
- Talk me through some specific examples of how you have managed costs or expenditure within your areas of responsibility.
:: DOWNLOAD THE AUTHOR'S PROFILE